We have drawn on the experience of several members of our firm to create a unit specialising in advice for the elderly client. There are various matters which tend to affect the elderly in particular and we are able to help in many ways including:
- Preparing Wills and living Wills. For more on wills click here
- Advising on inheritance and other taxes
- Preparing Powers of Attorney to give a person power to act on behalf of someone else
- Discussing nursing and residential care including how to choose the right establishment, agree fees and different ways of paying them
- Dealing with the Department for Work and Pensions, The Benefits Agency and and County Councils in relation to all types of benefit (including home fees)
- Provision of access to independent financial advice including pensions, life insurance, annuities, homes fees insurance stocks shares and all types of investments.
- Full management of financial affairs including payment of all bills and monitoring bank accounts
- Deputyship Orders when people can no longer manage their affairs.
We offer a sympathetic ear and an efficient service in all areas of the law.
To see how we charge click here.